Hawkins, Kominsky, DeVries & Associates, PC
Tax Preparer - Individuals
We are looking for an experienced tax preparer to join our firm. This position is a 100% remote position, with flexible scheduling. The ideal candidate possesses in-depth knowledge of individual tax returns. They will be able to effectively manage multiple engagements with clients and consistently deliver exemplary tax services to them. Please note that the items listed are not all inclusive.
- Prepare individual tax returns, schedules, and forms, ensuring timely tax filing and payment
- Compose organized, easy to follow, digital workpapers for each tax return (utilizing tickmarks and tie outs)
- Organize and update financial records
- Serve as a resource for clients
- Conduct complex tax research
- Analyze IRS notices and draft responses
- Offer tax saving and planning strategies to clients
- Possess CPA license, be an Enrolled Agent, or have five years of equivalent work experience
- Proficient in individual taxation
- Knowledge of and familiarity with IRS procedures and policies
- Familiarity with preparing tax returns in CCH Axcess or CCH ProSystem
- Experience with PDFlyer or other workpaper applications
- Comfort and experience working in a remote environment
- Up-to-date on current technologies
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Prioritizes clarity, collaboration and consideration in professional communication
- Ability to work and solve problems independently
- Demonstrates an ability to multi-task while maintaining a detail-oriented perspective
- Develops and models an understanding of firm philosophy, values, and tax opinions
- Implements technology to help streamline office practices and processes
Health and dental insurance premiums are 100% covered after 60 days of employment. Eligible to contribute to the firm’s SIMPLE Retirement Plan after 30 days, with up to a 3% employer match. Paid vacation and sick leave. Continuing education, licensing, and dues are paid 100% by the firm. Casual work environment. Relaxed work hours during non-tax season.
The firm is currently transitioning to a paperless environment and is in the process of updating procedures, practices, and technology. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in an ever-changing work environment with, at times, little guidance available. You will have the opportunity to aid in this transition, if desired.
Email Amanda Stricker at firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter and resume outlining why you are a fit for this position. During the hiring process, the responsibilities and qualifications will be tested to confirm your knowledge of them. Do not apply for this position unless you are an experienced tax preparer who has worked in a remote environment.
Open until filled.